How can I improve my study habits?
We all struggle with forgetfulness and procrastination. Creating and following a daily homework and study routine, in conjunction with an organized notebook and assignment book, will help you to increase and maintain high grades in school. Here is a suggested daily checklist/schedule to keep you on track.
- A 3 ring binder with a pocket on the inside front cover ("Today Pocket")
- An assignment book/day planner with a space for every day of the week
- A file box (at home) for notes, tests, and homework from previous chapters
Print out the following procedure, post it on your wall, and put a copy in the front of your notebook.
- Beginning of Class
- Hand-In necessary papers from Today Pocket
- End of Class
- File new papers in Today Pocket
- Write down new assignments
- Organize Notebook
- Remove all papers from Today Pocket
- Get signatures if necessary
- File all non-assignment papers
- Do Homework
- Check Assignment Book for today's homework
- Complete each assignment and place in Today Pocket
- Check-off homework in Assignment Book
- Review for upcoming Tests
- Check for upcoming tests in assignment book
- Review flashcards for 10 minutes
- Practice vocabulary/spelling for 10 minutes
- Review old history/science/english notes for 10 minutes
- Final Check before TV/AOL/Bed/Reading
- are all assignments checked off?
- are all necessary papers in Today Pocket?
- are all books in backpack?
- Have parent initial Assignment Book